Of things you need to know


And there is that urge to write. To tell you things you don't know yet. Again. It has taken me in its swampy arms and I offer no resistance. I am not sure whether I want to or not. I am happy this way. Maybe.
     
I need to speak to you. To whisper into your ear the thoughts that keep appearing in my head ,after momentary lapses when I gladly close my eyes and refuse to see the world. To relieve myself of a burden. 

I have been thinking...
About the man who gives signals to trains all day and how his life would be. A silent frame of reference in a noisily moving world. Standing by the window with a flag and seeing the world pass by. I wonder what he thinks then, or when the world around him is as static as he is. 

 About the shells I used to collect as a kid from mounds of clay lying in front of neighbour's houses. How I used to believe they came from the sea. How I tried finding living creatures in them. 

About piggy banks. How I thought I'd collect enough money in one to buy a mercedes. 

About a violin that keeps playing inside my head. Different tunes every time. 

About darkness and  the kites I used to fly in it. Letting the string go, trusting the night, Of how it never betrayed me..






Comments

  1. You live too much in the times gone by, don't you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Aadya-Going by what commonly is interpreted as "too much", yes. However that was not the point here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "About darkness and the kites I used to fly in it. Letting the string go, trusting the night, Of how it never betrayed me.."
    lines i'll not be able to 'unremember' because forgetting is never an option.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. u used 2 fly kites in the darkness... :P
    jokes apart, well-written.
    compact, precise...
    u hav ds gud quality of expressin ur feelins in a compact manner, wich z reli outstanding :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts