Hope




Mai chori chori tere naal la layyaan akkhaan we
Surreptitiously, I have let my eyes meet yours


And surreptitiously, you have come closer. So close that the metaphors I conjure up to describe you seem distant.
I had always known coming close as something that you had to labour through. Until you arrived. And how-

With shared yearnings of raindrops glistening against glass panes,
and insanely beautiful nose pins that are almost certainly un-noticeable.

With smiles that travel through phone lines,
and awkward ramblings in face of candidness.

With a coyness that permeates in our conversations 
and makes the world less obtrusive, one day at a time.

With hope, unbridled, abounding,
that helped me close out a story and start another.











Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts