Be near in distance?





Is qadar pyaar se ay jaan-e-jahaan rakha hai,
Dil ke rukhsaar pay is waqt teri yaad ne haath
With such tenderness, O love of my life,
the cheek of my heart has your memory placed its hand over

Did you know that I wrote this down first in the tiny pages of my new journal- clenching on to each word ferociously? The words came out tiny on the piece of paper- barely legible, shrunk- I must have held on to them just a wee bit longer.
Don't they say that the most intimate feelings are the hardest to give away?

I am in between cities and its not just borrowed poetry I am latching on to. People, places, memories, and experiences gleaned off the hourglass over the last two years have, in my head, ballooned into this feeling called home. And I am not quite sure if I am ready to give that up yet.

Did you know that amidst this facade of palpable excitement I try to pull off- I am a little scared too? I have so grown used to the idea of having you around that I have fretted endlessly about six hours of time difference and a few thousand miles gnawing away at this feeling.

Only up till now.

I realized today that if nearness can be fostered in distance,if proximity can be felt without fingers intertwining as often as they normally do, it can only happen with you.

Dasht-e-tanhai mai doori ke khaso-khaak tale,
khil rahe hain tere pehlu ke saman aur gulaab
In the desert of solitude, beneath the dust and ashes of distance,
bloom the jasmine and roses of your proximity





Comments

Popular Posts