Messy hair and double servings of chocolate dessert




I wake up to find strands of your messy hair all over my room and I miss you a little bit. Like these strands of hair, I think you have left a little bit of yourself behind.

I am purposely being dramatic. If you know me well, you would realize I always am. You have not left me for another city or another continent. On the contrary, I am going to see you tomorrow and the weekend thereafter and countless other weekends to come. If you know me well, you would realize that I hold this certainty very dear in times when so much is changing.

You are in a bit of whirlwind yourself, aren't you? So much has changed for you in the last few months.I cant claim to know exactly how it feels but I have been a close witness of how your faith has given way to seething anger at first and bubbled disenchantment later. And fear, now that you are at the cusp of starting a new story.

As you go out into the world again, a little broken and susceptible, distrusting of newer people and experiences, I want you to know that I am always around. With hope and a family sized bucket of Bavarian Chocolate ice-cream that you would happily trade me for.

The faith will grow back again slowly. It always has, it always will.


P.S-

Didn't you tell me once, not very long ago, that you have a new song for all times? Guess, what I am humming now-

'Naa harf kharch karna tum,
Naa harf kharch hum karenge,
nazar ki syaahi se likhenge,
tujhe hazaar chhitthiyaan khamosh jhidkiyaan,
tere pate pe bhej denge'

P.P.S-
Dont kill me for the picture.







Comments

Popular Posts