Project diaries- Day 2

And so, I am a day behind. Day 2 happened yesterday and today has been more profound experientially but then conversations or dialogues as Sir calls them are now appealing more to me than they ever did. They have trickled down into my experiential realm with consummate ease. Day 1 ended with me lying down on a cot and having no clue where I was sleeping until I got up 7 hours later. I dont want to drive home to you that this experience is surreal in all its respects. You should disbelieve me with all your might. "You should seek and see".

This is an exercise for me, too- rewinding a day back and revisiting the details. I think I can be a little bit more evaluative right now- be a bit more careful against the viles of experiences that move you. A coolness and disjunctedness of this sort, I now realise, often helps. So, writing a day later, in retrospect is not bad at all. Au contraire, the tint on your eye loses sheen and there is clarity. Profound.

Jasumati, the cook and the overall helper of the soaps unit I am researching on and staying at, brought me breakfast. She smiled and tells me, "Bhaiya! poori banayi hai". I smiled back, and found myself saying- " Mujhe pasand hai". :) 

The breakfast done with, I sit down with her for my survey form. Sir came to pick me up for  lunch at his home. On the way- on the bike, we talked about my kind of women, my everlasting un-surity about them, how love differentiates with commitment and how it is not abnormal for me to love a multitude of women at the same time yet not finding one to commit to. A lot of what has happened in the recent past made sense then. 

I met Harshi, Sir and Mam's beautiful daughter,  I had heard about her. She came wearing skates and I asked her where she had learned it from. She responded- the internet. I was dumbfounded. I immediately had pictured a high flying/ corporate class, niche schooling for her already. Its funny how our imagination system works. It takes us a nano second to combine a multitude of our experiences with a multitude of people and then assimilate all that information to process a judgement. Its funny to see it going flat sometimes. Lunch done with, I sat with Sir's dad and got all the financial data I was so skeptical about before I had come. 

It had started raining. I and Sir's dad sat in the little garden facing balcony- sipping tea. 
Me and mam sent the survey forms off to consumers and we went up to the terrace in the drizzle. I should remember the beauty of it all- Standing on the terrace, you can see a little of this very planned and green township called Telco. A distant temple is visible too from here but the majesty of the tree dotted hills overwhelm your senses like anything. Who would have thought that an industrial town like Jamshedpur could indulge my senses that much?

We enter into Sir's study and I have a panoramic glance of the varied and sizeable literature Sir has. I now have an idea of how my study would be. Conversation shifts from metaphysics to science to the nuances of the female pysche. I may end up learning a lot about how the female psyche works by the time I came back.

Harshi shows me the hulla- hoop, the Shakira-esque dance with a ring that she swirls from her hips, her knees and thighs, and her hands for what seems an infinity of time .I tried too- the hulla hoop slid off me in a jiffy. We bid goodbyes and Sir dropped me. The village- drunk and brimming, un-'enlightened' roads due to the rain- silent as anything could ever be started looming overhead. And yes, I caught a look at the starry night too. :)


Comments

Popular Posts